Saturday, August 8, 2009

Wildlife up close!

One thing about living in the country is the amazing amount of times you encounter wildlife up close. In my case I actually get to see animals up close which just thrills me. I am always admiring how much God has created such diversity in nature and how blessed I am to see so much so often.


Just driving down the paved road and here come the Momma turkey and her clan. Wish I could enlarge this picture, just can't quite figure it out yet.

Found this baby hummer laying on the porch. I put it on the feeder, had to do it several times! The poor thing was so hungry and weak but it did finally get full and flew off a happy camper. I like to think it is one of my regulars at the feeders now.



I was going out the drive and noticed this turtle. I always try to avoid running over them! I slowed down to see what was going on and lo and behold egg laying was in progress. I feel so blessed to be able to witness this. I have since marked the location and made a note on the calendar to start watching for the hatchlings in three months. Hopefully I'll be there to take some baby pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment