Another wonderful recipe for you to try. It will be one I make again and again.
Savory Chicken Noodle Bake
By Diana Rattray, About.com
- 6 ounces thin egg noodles, cooked, drained ( I used wide egg noodles)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 to 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 2/3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup pimiento, drained, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed under hot water
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese , plus more for topping
Preparation:Preheat oven to 350F°. Grease a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish.
In large skillet or saucepan over low heat, melt butter; saute mushrooms until tender. Blend in flour, stirring until smooth and bubbly. Gradually add chicken broth, milk, pimiento, and salt and pepper; stir constantly until sauce is thickened. Stir in chicken, peas, and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, and the cooked noodles. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese over top. Bake chicken noodle casserole 20 to 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly.