Monday, January 16, 2012

Homemade Ranch Dressing

I finally took the plunge an made Ranch dressing from scratch-sorta! I haven't mastered making my own mayo yet but this dressing is delicious.
Homemade Ranch Dressing

  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp lemon juice or 1  packet true lemon
  • 1/8 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
  • 1/4 tsp dry dill or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh
  • 1/8 tsp garlic powder
In a medium bowl mix the buttermilk and mayonnaise until fully mixed. Add in the other ingredients and adjust for taste. Keeps for a week in the refrigerator. I put it in a plastic squeeze bottle for convenience.

5 comments:

  1. Yummo! Will have to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice meeting you today Viki. Hubby and I will definitely try your recipe on the salad greens before its too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed meeting you too. It is always fun to meet other like minded people.

      Delete
  3. Viki,

    Just letting you know I made your ranch dressing and served it this afternoon to students at the community garden and it was a big hit!

    Germaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Germaine,
      So glad it was a hit. Nothing like homemade. You may want to check out my pinterest page for more salad dressings using herbs.
      Viki

      Delete